Are you ready to begin a career that allows you to use your skills to your full potential? That rewards outstanding performance and will take you as far as you drive and ambition wants to go? Do you want to work for an award-winning business that values exceptional customer service, as well as high-employee satisfaction? Then don’t look any further, because you’ve found just that with Garber Automotive Group.
Who are we?
We are a 3rd-generation family-owned business with over 23 franchised dealer brands at 18 different locations across four states, employing over 1,700 people. Garber Automotive Group is listed #86 out of 150 largest dealer groups by Automotive News, with several of our Garber Dealerships having been awarded the distinction of “Top 100 Dealers to Work For.” We strive to create a dynamic work environment, where people enjoy coming to work and building their careers. We recognize that the only unique asset a business has is its people, as only the best people make exceptional customer service happen.
We are always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. Currently, we are seeking dependable, self-starting team players who are ASE-certified to fill the role of Service Technician. A qualified individual will be expected to:
- Diagnose and repair automotive systems including engines, brakes, heating and cooling, etc.
- Communicate with service advisors regarding the status of service work
- Recognize and recommend when a vehicle may need additional service work
- Follow all company safety procedures and policies
- Communicate with parts department to obtain necessary parts
- Perform repair work in a timely manner
This isn’t just a job – it’s a career. We take pride in promoting from within and building a strong foundation for future growth as one of the nation’s most respected automotive companies. Our benefits include:
- Outstanding medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as life insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for advancement
- A friendly, team-focused environment
- Employee discounts on all vehicles and services
- ASE Certification Is Required
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must provide all basic tools for the position
- Extensive knowledge of automotive systems and how they function
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic presence in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license required as well as clean driving record
- Ability to safely lift 60 pounds to chest level
- Bending, twisting, grabbing, reaching, and any other activity normally associated with an Automotive Mechanic position
- Professional appearance and work ethic
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click Apply now to fill out our user-friendly online job application!